It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We provide a complete list of the items needed for school uniform in our school prospectus.
Aim & Objectives
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Prevents children from coming to school in fashionable clothes that could be distracting in class
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
The School Uniform
- Skirt, pinafore or trousers. In the summer term/autumn term 1 dresses in green and white stripes or checks may be worn.
- White shirt (KS1 children may wear a white polo shirt)
- Bottle green jumper/cardigan (school logo optional)
- School tie (KS1 children may wear an elasticated school tie)
- Grey or white socks / grey or green tights
- Black shoes (plain black trainers option
PE & Sport
All children are required to change into a P.E kit before taking part in sport and physical education activities for health and safety purposes.
For P.E, all children should have:
- Black shorts
- A Red, Blue or Yellow T shirt (with school logo optional) - depending on which house they are in
- Trainers for outdoor P.E
- A track suit (grey or black) for outdoor PE when the weather is cold
- P.E kit kept in a named school *PE bag on the child’s peg in school
Many items can be bought from High Street stores, but school jumpers, cardigans and PE tops are only available from Bromley Schoolwear, 51 High Street Bromley.