PE & sCHOOL Sports Premium
Bickley Primary School PE & School Sports Premium Government Funding Overview
The government in England continues to allocate the PE & School Sports Premium (PESS) to all state sector primary teaching establishments to improve the quality and provision of PE and Sport.
At Bickley Primary School we believe that PE, sport and healthy active lifestyles are crucial to children’s all round development. The premium will not only be used to raise the children’s enjoyment of physical activity but will also be used to promote a healthy lifestyle whilst building the children’s confidence, teamwork, social skills and a positive mind-set.
With the premium, we are committed to following recommended and statuary guidelines as well as embracing the DfE vision statement for the national Physical Education & School Sport Strategy:
‘ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them with a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and Sport at School through:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport